Please note this position has now been filled
At GEOLYTIX we seek innovative ways to make spatial analytics accessible, exciting and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, around the world.
We build bespoke solutions to support our clients make better decisions. We combine forecasting methods, statistical models, mapping and web tools. Underpinning all of this is data. We are always looking to do things better, never forgetting to have fun and value every member of the team.
Are you our new Data Delivery Manager? After a period of growth, with our data products expanding to cover more breadth and depth in existing markets as well as cover a greater number of geographies we are looking to grow our data team. This new role will see you manage the delivery of our existing geodata products across the world, as well as leading the development of new products. From traffic data in the UK, through mobile big-data, to small-area demographics of a far-flung location no day will be the same, and there will be plenty of opportunity to make your mark.
- You have a background in data analysis and have made the jump into managing projects and/or teams.
- You have a track record of improving processes to deliver streamlined data products.
- You are seen as a data guru with colleagues often coming to you for help; whether that be in the data that is available, how to access it or how to get the best from it.
- You are able to step back and coach other analysts to deliver a project but you also love to get stuck in.
- You can balance your strong attention to detail with a commercial focus.
- You embrace new technologies and can adapt your technical skills to take on new challenges.
- You’re a people person, building relationships with colleagues across other teams as you lead projects.
Your qualifications and experience
- Experience of SQL for the manipulation of data (e.g. postgres, MSSQL, Oracle etc.)
- Data analysis / data engineering experience, ideally customer related.
- Knowledge of spatial data advantageous but not essential.
- A university degree – STEM subject.
- Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential.
- A strong communicator with the ability to work with colleagues remotely across the globe.
- Able to prove attention to detail, proactivity and managing deadlines
Our UK offices are in Leeds and Clerkenwell, London. The role will ideally be based in Leeds with our data engineers. Competitive salary. We’re a young and growing company who embrace flexible working; full time or part time, family friendly hours and / or working from home days considered.
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
Photo by Ian Schneider on Unsplash